“Development” is the beginning stage of the project, in which ideas are fleshed out, logistics are discussed, tentative scheduling and budgeting is worked out, and potential interview subjects are contacted.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art in New York City is made up of three schools: The School of Architecture, The School of Art, & the School of Engineering.
Every year, the School of Art has an incoming class of roughly 60 students from around the world, which they separate into four Sections: A, B, C, and D. Each section of roughly 15 students will take all seven of their freshman year courses – known as “foundation year” – together.
This is a look at the foundation year experiences of the 15 students in Section: A, Class of ’96 – and their lives since Cooper – as they approach their 20-year Class Reunion in 2016.
Our target audience are adolescents and adults who are interested in art and artists and / or education and the culture of academia. Documentaries about artists, such as The Artist is Present, Banksy Does New York, Beauty is Embarrasing, Cutie and the Boxer, Gerhard Richter Painting, Jean-Michel Basquit: The Radiant Child, and Tim’s Vermeer, and films about education, such as American Promise, College Conspiracy, Ivory Tower, Good Morning Mission Hill, The New Public, and Waiting for Superman are becoming increasingly popular.
If you are interested in becoming involved with the film, these are the three things we are seeking:
If you would be open to sharing with us on that more intimate level, we would need to know:
We will be traveling to the cities listed below for BLACK PERVERT, so ideally, if you cannot come to NYC, perhaps we may be able to catch up to you in one of these cities.
* Interviews have already been conducted in these cities, but we intend to return to do more.
Please contact us if you would like to participate.
Thank you very much.
There are many ways you can support the project:
· PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT: Spread the word! “Like” us on Facebook! As we seek funding, it really helps to show that we have a passionate and enthusiastic audience that already supports us!
· MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT: Be in the film, and encourage others who were in or know those who were in Section: A to be in the film as well! We have no film without people willing to share their stories!
· INFORMATIONAL SUPPORT: Pass along any info you hear about grants, fellowships, programs, etc.
· FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Dig in those pockets! Are you eager to be in the film? Eager to see what this talented bunch of artists have been up to and where they are today? The faster we raise money, the faster we can get around the country to talk to everyone who’s expressed interest.
Got frequent flyer miles? Access to discount travel vouchers? A flying carpet? We’re pretty open to all kinds of creative ways of getting us to all the cities on our list.
|back to top|